This Week’s Harvest at Axdahl’s! Week of August 14, 2017
NOTE: Each share box may contain different items. Please read the note at the bottom of page for more information.
For recipes click the name of the item above the photo or scroll down below the photos to the full list of things we grow and/or will have available at our farm throughout the growing season (weather permitting).
Here are some of the things we’ve been harvesting. Each of the images can be clicked on for delicious and unique recipes. Enjoy!!
Green Onions Yukon Gold Potatoes Zucchini Blue Armour Kale Baby Red Potatoes Greenhouse Peppers Yellow Summer Squash Kohlrabi Beets Cherry Tomatoes Green Beans Brocolli Pan Squash Field Grown Cucumbers Sweet Corn Lettuce White Sweet Corn Tomatoes Romano Beans Purple Beans Pan Squash Pablano Peppers Cheddar Cauliflower Jalapenos Green Bell Peppers Click any of the items below to find recipes (will open a new window from the allrecipes.com site)
• Banana peppers
• Bell peppers (green, red, orange and cone shaped varieties)
• Brussels Sprouts • Cauliflower varieties ( Traditional, Purple, Cheddar-Yellow/Orange, Green)
• Cantaloupe (also called muskmelon)
• Cheddar Cauliflower
• Cucumbers (greenhouse and field varieties)
• Green beans
• Green onions
Herbs – Fresh Cut (Basil, Chives, Dill, Cilantro) varies with availability
• Hot peppers (Anaheim, jalapeno, habanero, scotch bonnet, ghost, and Trinidad scorpion varieties)
• Lettuce (hydroponic red and green varieties)
• Pablano Peppers
• Peppers – Green Bell, Green, Yellow and Red Cone (Gypsy), Banana, and Poblano
• Squash-Patty Pan Squash
• Sweet corn (bi-color and white varieties)
• Swiss chard
• Tomatoes (grape, hybrid and heirloom varieties)
• Watermelon (seeded and seedless varieties)
• Winter squash
(acorn, butternut, buttercup, sweet dumpling, hubbard, and unique varieties)
• Yellow beans
• Zucchini squash
(green and yellow varieties)
To our valued CSA Members:
Some weeks you may get some, not all, and/or different items than those listed above in your share box due to supply and share size. Please do not ask to exchange an item in your share box for other items. We have carefully planned each box. You can, however, use your member discount to supplement your share with additional produce from our stand.